C & S Mommy

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

And a little toy surprise too!

I did it!! I ran my first 5k. The WHOLE thing. I was so nervous and came so close to backing out a few times. My friend from work was supposed to do it with me but he had something going on that day. My goals were to run the whole thing and to finish in under 30 minutes. Both of which I did. I even won a little trophy for coming in first place in the female 30-34 group. As I suspected, and just confirmed, I was the ONLY female 30-34 but that is okay. I came in 39th place out of 54. Overall I am pleased. I am ready to do my second 5k on Saturday. I am actually hoping to do this one with one of my friends from the hospital. I am hoping to pace her as best I can. However, she is a real runner so I may be setting myself up. Anyway…here are a couple of pictures:


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home