C & S Mommy

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Re-entering the work force...

and scared as hell.
I got the job. I understand that statement should be followed by a couple of exclamation points but, as I am happy I got the job, I am apprehensive for so many reasons. Here are a few:
  1. I haven't worked in an office setting since I went out on early maternity leave before Cecilia in September 2000.
  2. I have to leave my babies for the whole day for maybe a month or more.
  3. I will no longer have control over how much money I make (ie working my ass off when I know someone's birthday is coming up or when we need something important).
  4. My training is full-time during the day, 8-4:30, requiring me to actually get up, shower, and get dressed on a fairly strict schedule.
  5. I have to leave my babies for the whole day during this training period which may take as long as a month plus.
  6. Did I mention I have to leave my babies?

However, not to sound so much the crazy mom, here are the good things:

  1. My actual working hours after training are going to be 4pm - 8pm.
  2. I get to wear scrubs to work (so much like the PJs I often work in now).
  3. I am still going to transcribe some so I will have a little financial control.
  4. I will actually get a set paycheck on a set schedule making it so much easier to budget.
  5. I dream that in taking this job, with it's fabulously set working hours, I will manage to actually get things done - like cleaning my house.

I hoped to accomplish making myself feel better by making these lists but now I am just a mass of terrified perspective.

2 Comments:

  • sounds wonderful!
    congratulmulations!

    By Blogger nancy, At 4:48 PM  

  • I might/might not have a job as of next week working either as an assistant teacher or as a head teacher for an after school program. I have been so excited and nervous this past week that tonight I am so burnt out that I don't care if I ever work a "real" job in my life. I understand your anxieties about a new job. Work is so overrated.

    By Blogger Angelique, At 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home